Well, just a short post tonight as it is bedtime. But, what is a girl to do in a capital city when she knows nobody? Yep, play with her camera.

Here are some rather artsy shots. I tried holding the camera steady with the help of a chair on the first, but breathing and pulse shifted the makeshift six-pod. I didn't like the result.
So, remembering a photography course I took a few years ago, here's the rest of what I see outside my window at night...

(To recreate this, I set a 10 second exposure, held the camera steady for perhaps a few seconds then moved it around in small circles - e voila!)
In the one below, if you look really carefully you can actually see the clock tower on the Houses of Parliament.


Oh, and I just got back from the movies. Saw State of Play which was thrilling! However, take your headache medication before going because it is one of those nouveax ideas where somebody runs with the camera following the action. Perhaps that should be motion sickness pills. Anyway, it was worth sitting for 2 hours.
This one's my favourite although the actual scene seen like a normal person is quite dull.
I'm leaving the city tomorrow and heading down the map a short way.
Janice and Gerald - thank you for your lovely comment! You inspired me... what can I say :)
Thanks Janet. Can't wait to read what you blog when you come to visit us!
ReplyDeleteHugs!!
well well well - artsy fartsy! It looks like you are having a great time. Keep posting Janet, I am enjoying it.
ReplyDeletesherri