I guess I must have been making up for a night of very little sleep, because in the warm comfortable surroundings of the motel, I slept until almost 8. The bed was beyond soft - I sat down in the middle and the mattress folded up about 30 degrees from each end. (Hmmm, better description - think of a V.)
CAA was finally found and I now have a vehicle full of maps and books.
Then, I went to the gorgeously pretty village of Peggy's Cove. I think it is probably the nicest place I have seen so far from a photography point of view. The land changes to granite and peat bog and small shrubs and I found my first fellow tourists.
Now, I am sitting up on PEI. I decided I just couldn't leave without visiting the red-earthen island. I arrived at sunset so everything was red and tomorrow I'll do some exploring. I am embarrassed to admit I am staying at a Holiday Inn tonight. And, it is all this blog's fault! Finally I have internet. And, I have an Alexander Keiths to help me write (hey Amy, want one??).
Confederation bridge to PEI - taken while driving at 80 km/h. Strict instructions, keep to the speed limit and do not stop. So, no other alternative:)
And, just to show, the earth truly is red here!
No comments:
Post a Comment