You have found me in Fernie, B.C. (yep, home province at last), but to get here took a little while.
At the end of the previous blog, I was unsure when I'd leave the Drumheller area. That decision was kind of made for me. I packed my stuff and left the accommodation of the night before, and as I loaded things into the vehicle I thought I'd write a thank you to the owners (as they were not around when I left the key).
So, I tore off a piece of paper from one of my Drumheller maps and wrote on it. My intention was to leave it with the key that I had already put on the desk. But, I guess being the only guest the owners decided to lock the door the instant I had walked outside. I couldn't get back in. So, no note. And, with that I headed off to Horseshoe Canyon and roamed around there for an hour or so before it got too unbearably hot.
That was my only photo for yesterday. I drove down to Cardstone, found accommodation, did laundry, had a pizza and watched loads of TV :) Travelling is tough!
This morning, though, I left early for Waterton Lakes National Park. Into the snow. Last week they got 3 ft of snow so all the trails were closed and there was minimal driving possible. So, didn't stay there long, either, but took the following photo of the Townsite. I am sure it is a lovely place when everything is available to be done. I did have a nice breakfast there.
So, then I was off to the Crowsnest Pass. On route I drove through the foothills of the Rockies and found that a huge area just outside Waterton has been placed in the Nature Conservancy of Canada to be used for self-sufficient farming practices.
I also found this cool boulder. Couldn't help but take a photo - so abstract.
Tomorrow, John Cusack will be in town directing and starring in his new movie Hot Tub Time Travel or something like that. Here's a link to a description: http://www.cinematical.com/2009/05/02/john-cusack-rob-corddry-and-crispin-glover-jumped-in-a-hot-tub/
I'm off to perfect my acting abilities and see if I can snag a role.
Bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment